Please note that this event requires you to pre-register to attend.
Fee Required. Please note that because this event requires a fee, your registration is not confirmed until you contact Naoki Aiba, CDT directly. Joining here will only subscribe you to new posts on this page.
787 Foam Street · Monterey, CA 93940
Porcelain laminate veneers are becoming popular due to its predictable esthetic outcome while preserving natural dentition. The PLVs can be used to close diastema, to improve tooth form and function, and to restore worn or fractured incisal edges.
Marginal integrity of the veneers made with platinum foil technique has been an issue, compared to press or refractory technique. In this hands-on course, Naoki will demonstrate his step-by-step procedure of foil technique PLVs, focusing on 3 keys to achieve better marginal integrity: (1) model preparation, (2) foil swaging technique, and (3) incremental porcelain build-up.
Another focus will be on fabricating bleach shade (brighter than A1) PLVs that look natural while controlling the opacity for masking. In this hands-on course, two brighter than A1 PLVs will be fabricated: one with A4 stump, and the other one with A1 stump.
In addition to the two veneers, we will work on “Non-Prep Veneer” on an extracted tooth.
- Learn systematic foil swaging method.
- Learn how to control opacity and translucency for discolored and non-discolored underline tooth structures.
- Master how to make bleached shade veneers that look natural.
Fabricate two PLV restorations and one non-prep PLV restoration
DENTSCAPE Continuum 2014 SUMMER
- Course 1_ Back to the Basics: Learning from Nature, August 4-5 ($900)
- Course 2_ Key Effects: Concept & Application of Creation System, August 7-8 ($900)
- Course 3_ Shade Taking & Dental Photography A to Z, August 10-11 ($900)
- Course 4_ Foil Technique Porcelain Laminate Veneers, August 13-14 ($900
- Course 1-4_ Register by May 31, $3100 (SAVE $500)
- Course 1-4_ Register after June 1, $3200 (SAVE $400)
- Oral Desgin Center Monterey
Owner at Science Art, Inc. / Oral Design Center Monterey
A ceramist and professional photographer, Mr. Aiba graduated from the Dental Technology Program at the Dental School of Aichi Gakuin University in Nagoya, Japan, in 1982. He completed the post-graduate ceramics course at...