Dedicated to promoting professional excellence in dental technology through education, concern and quality service.
The Long Island Dental Laboratory Association, Inc., commonly referred to as "LIDLA" is a commercial dental laboratory association formed in 1950 and incorporated in 1970. It is one of the oldest dental laboratory associations in the USA.
Year 2000 marked LIDLA's half century of constant and dedicated service to the dental laboratory profession.
Until 1998 its mandate spanned the counties of Nassau and Suffolk, Long Island. In common terms this is what in this part of the country term "Long Island" - east from the New York City line to "Lands-End" or Montauk, where the Atlantic stretches straight out to Europe.
1998 saw major change in the structure of dental laboratory associations in the Greater New York area, and the oldest, and one-time largest in the nation, became dormant, leaving a vacuum. Because of this, laboratories in the areas involved looked to LIDLA to fill the vacuum by providing its services for their needs. Thus LIDLA's area of responsibility is expanded to encompass New York City and its suburbs.