A successful sales and marketing management record in dental products and healthcare services who has consistently adopted a systematic approach over all areas of responsibility, responding to the specific requirements of each market sector, and ensuring that the best possible level of dedication has been delivered.
Summary of Qualifications: A successful sales and marketing management record in dental products and healthcare services who has consistently adopted a systematic approach over all areas of responsibility, responding to the specific requirements of each market sector, and ensuring that the best possible level of dedication has been delivered. • Professional with 30+ years of progressive experience and the skills to drive business growth, capitalizes on new revenue potential, and manages all aspects of daily business operations. • Quick study, with an ability to easily grasp and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives. • Dedicated, innovative and self-motivated team player that has built confidence and success in field sales competitive strategies and campaigns. • Exceptional leadership and proficient oral/written communication skills with executives, directors, managers and sales representatives. • Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments. • Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines. • Well-developed instincts for reading client needs which lead to solid and fulfilling relationships. • Proven analytical and organizational skills used to create and implement marketing/sales strategies, which led to increased market penetration.
Professional Experience: Nov. 2010 - May 1, 2012 eCommerce Sales Manager, Patterson Dental Supply, Inc. (Laid off, marketing department restructure)
Hired and managed 15 dental assistant temps to enrich our 100,000 products with text, images, PDF, URL and any other collateral material to support the product. Ran point on the launch of the NEW pattersondental.com website Aug. 2011.
1998 – Nov. 2010 Corporate Laboratory Products and Laboratory Account Manager, Patterson Dental Supply, Inc.
Established and implemented a profitable national division to market laboratory products and services for the dental laboratory market place in the US. • Maintained a strong entrepreneurial leadership role throughout the development and expansion of our newly developed Patterson Dental division in the dental laboratory marketplace. • Successfully launched and continued to maintain the sales growth of the Sirona inLab system which is the leading CAD/CAM system in the US dental laboratory marketplace, of which, it compliments the dentist CEREC chair side 3D system. 1. 1082 laboratory customers have accepted the Sirona inLab system as a fabrication process to address the labor shortage in the last 8 years with many of them having purchased multiple milling, and scanning units for their fixed prosthetic production capacities. 2. The Sirona inLab system has approximately a 10% laboratory market share, making the inLab system the benchmark for CAD/CAM in the US lab industry amidst the17 or so CAD/CAM competitors. 3. Inaugural Fiscal Year 2002 - Approximately $2.9M in inLab equipment and $600K in block sales. 4. Compounded sales of inLab equipment and blocks are over $100M in revenue to date. • Educated, trained and motivated the Patterson Dental 100 + US CEREC Specialists to sell the Sirona inLab system into the laboratory industry. The CEREC Specialists are predominantly responsible for the dentist chair side unit. Leveraging prosthetic and material selection based on the patients needs validated the technology in the beginning stages of this new way of fabricating fixed prosthetics to both customers giving us the ability to increase market penetration of our dentist and laboratory customers alike. • Creator and Publisher of the Patterson Dental CHOICES magalog – a publication to highlight digital dentistry within the dental laboratory and dentist marketplace. A cohesive collaboration with the creative group and marketing department resulted in not only strong sales but also The 2006 MarCom Creative Award; Patterson Dental’s fourth laboratory marketing award was for the CEREC “CHOICES” Magalog. This publication directly influenced the CEREC sales team showing the digital platform between the dentist and laboratory. The 88 pages of editorial/marketing and support products publication highlighted the digital impression platform that Patterson Dental and Sirona Dental Systems has set in place to solidify our technology position in the dental marketplace. 1. This format was also utilized for the Digital “DEFINED” Magalog which was submitted for the prestigious CREATE Award.
• My energetic, visionary and technical background has been instrumental in the open communications with customers, 90 + vendor partners, and our 75 branch offices nationwide and over 1,100 sales representatives, equipment and CEREC specialists in the United Sates.
• Coordinated laboratory/dentist tradeshow’s and national road shows to highlight the digital impressioning platform. This truly impacted Patterson Dental’s results strategically via my influence with Ivoclar Vivadent and their decision to expand their e.max and Empress Product lines through Patterson Dental. This confidence in our mutual abilities grew the branded zirconia and lithium disilcate based restorative options.
1. Ivoclar Vivadent’s laboratory business was in the past exclusively sold direct and not sold through distribution until our partnership on the lab side of the business was cultivated. 2. My strong sales and marketing aptitude was the conceptual lead in laying out a couple North American tours like the Ivoclar DARE to eMagine tour covering 33 cities in 16 weeks. The market was exposed to new material’s and CAD/CAM processes. • Leveraged the Key Opinion Leader’s (KOL) community in addition to promoting over 80 peer-to-peer events and trade shows lectures featuring industry leaders such as Dr. Mark Moran, Dr. William Mrazek, Dr. Russell Giordano, Lee Culp, Nelson Rego, Ed Flocken and Ed Corrales to name a few. The podium sales platform continues to evolve and grow as both the CEREC 3D chair side and inLab system’s expand their value proposition and integrate more closely. • Created a new PDSI product submission process which included a new website page on www.pattersondental.com evaluation criteria. Patterson Dental is continually seeking to expand our product offering by adding innovative, new products to our already successful lines. Product considered for evaluation typically meets the following criteria: Strategic Fit, Financial Viability, and Competitive Advantage. • Increased sales growth year over year while maintaining an overall 31% gross margin. • FYI: 220% sales increase annually with our laboratory customers in a 10 yr. time frame FY00 $16.9M to FY 10 $37.4M. • Introduced our 10th edition of the laboratory catalog 1998 Laboratory section of the dentist annual catalog = 24 pages 2010-2011 Laboratory catalog = 420 pages • As of FY09 we added 3,583 branded lab products from 90 vendors and 170 new Patterson Brand lab products • Designed and edited our marketing communication vehicles: quarterly laboratory product’s flyers, contributed to our internal newsletter, and conceptualized the premier and continuing issues of our laboratory products catalog.
1996 - 1998 National Sales Manager, Hermanson Dental Services, Inc. • Developed and implemented marketing plans to reposition and optimize company visibility in the dental marketplace. • Managed new and existing accounts and effectively cross-sold existing clients into additional services. • Increased sales by 12.4% year over year. Prior to my appointment the company had experienced a six-year 25% sequential decline in sales. • Reorganized shipping and handling policies with a cost savings of 32% annually. • Solely researched and developed an innovative new sports mouthguard, which gained acceptance by the Academy for Sports Dentistry. New market penetration included amateur and professional contact sports participants. • Developed and edited nationally reviewed newsletter, marketing and sales promotional materials.
1994 - 1996 Territory Sales Representative, Vident, Inc
• Recruited to market healthcare products in the Midwest. • Repositioned product exposure, which resulted in a 63% increase in sales growth. • At the time of departure, territory was producing at 121.3% of forecast.
1989 - 1994 Supervisor / Case Management, Hermanson Dental Services, Inc Responsible for the management of $5.8M of case work flow.
• Acted as client liaison selling dental services nationwide. • Instrumental in the restructuring of the crown and bridge department, included the formulation and documentation of productivity systems. • Direct supervisor of three departments, total of 15 technicians.
1986 - 1989 Private C & B Dental Technician, Dr. William Strupp; Clearwater Florida 1983 - 1986 Crown & Bridge Technician, Quadent Studio, Inc; Wayzata, MN