Under general direction, develops sales and provides high level technical assistance and training to international dentists, dental laboratories and Whip Mix dealers. Develops and presents continuing education programs regarding correct use of company products.
Manages all phases of international accounts including sales and service. Travels internationally and negotiates with dealers in assigned area. Attends trade shows while traveling and provides support to dealer efforts.
To apply, go to www.whipmix.com/Careers, and follow the link to review our open jobs, and to upload resume and apply. If you have any questions, please contact Harold Ingmire, Human Resources Director at 502-634-5366 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
- Provides technical assistance to dentists and laboratories. Provides sales and technical training to dealers regarding product use and problem solutions via telephone conversations, written correspondence and personal interviews.
- Assists the Sales Director in communications to dealers and potential customers by fax, email, telephone, etc. regarding sales, marketing, shipments, etc.
- Represents Whip Mix as a sales/technical representative at International meetings, dental schools, trade shows, etc.
- Serves as product champion on special International projects with Research and Development, Manufacturing, Marketing and other departments providing necessary technical expertise for new products and product line extension. Attends product planning meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Account monitoring, sales and financial analysis.
- Responsible for the development of short and long-term strategies to develop increased market share in these key areas. Coordinate sales promotions, new product introductions, etc.
- Evaluates International competitors products quality, prices, distribution and capabilities. Keeps abreast of changing technology in the industry and international economic and business issues by reading trade and economic journals and attending international trade seminars.
Job Requirements Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Worker Characteristics
- Knowledge of international business and international sales and marketing techniques.
- Strong communication skills needed for product demonstrations and fielding customer inquiries.
- Familiarity with the dental industry, terminology and ability to perform and demonstrate product application to effectively train staff, dealers, dentists and/or laboratories.
- Strong analytical skills for trouble-shooting customer problems.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills for developing pricing and discount strategies.
- Ability to give product demonstrations to varying groups of current and potential customers.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Business skills relating to product positioning such as sales forecasting, marketing specifications, sales training, etc.
- Ability to travel for weeks at a time out of the country several times during the year (approximately 30% travel time).
- Foreign culture sensitivity/awareness and good foreign language skills including Chinese or Spanish preferred. Education and Experienced Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business or international studies and five years of experience in international sales and marketing and/or BBA or BS degree with an Associate's degree in dental technology or equivalent and three years experience in dental technology, dental sales or in a dental laboratory and certification in dental technology.
Founded in 1919, Whip Mix created the first complete dental inlay investment casting unit - with a mechanical spatulator that whipped and mixed better than anything else. An invention so dramatic it changed...