The challenge to restore harmony and esthetics in dentistry today has resulted in a market demanding appropriate materials and techniques to meet this need. Contemporary materials, such as Ivoclar Vivadent’s IPS e.max, and a highly esthetic build-up technology combining efficiency and art will satisfy this demand.
This practice-centered Masters Course focuses on the fundamental elements of esthetics and how to handle All–Ceramics materials properly. Three upper anterior units will be restored systematically and esthetically in this course with Ivoclar Vivadent’s IPS e.max system. All steps will be shown comprehensively.
The participant is given the option to fabricate their substructures using either IPS e.max Press or IPS ZirCAD materials.
The following topics will be covered in detail during this workshop:
• Tooth shape
• Surface structure
• Level of surface luster
• Analysis of tooth shade and shade composition
• Layering system
• Controlling value and translucency
In addition, participants are given useful tips and shown effective methods to enable them to work efficiently and systematically with ceramics.
This course is designed for experienced ceramists who are currently working with all ceramic materials.
1. Slide presentation “The Art of Ceramics”
2. How to create harmony
3. Framework design
4. Wax-up & shade analysis
5. Shading possibilities with IPS e.max
6. Reproduction of shape and shade using the additive layering technique
7. Analysis of shape and surface structure of the remaining dentition and systematic transfer of the findings to the restoration
8. Glaze and corrective firing techniques
9. Mechanical polishing to optimize the level of luster
10. Final discussion and questions
- 14 CE
- 800-533-6825, select option #7 for Education