A three day course designed to instruct basic complete denture prosthetic principles for the dental professional that will increase personal knowledge, proficiency and productivity.
This course emphasizes primarily three areas of complete denture fabrication.
Methods of communication between clinician and technician
Communication is imperative that the clinician provide "patient records" that can be utilized by the dental laboratory to guide them in the accurate selection and placement of the denture teeth. These are relatively simple clinical records to make but they can be extraordinarily helpful to the technician during the process of setting denture teeth.
Denture tooth set-up techniques for anterior and posterior teeth
The previously mentioned "patient records" are programmed to special components of the Stratos Articulator. These components combined with the user friendly Stratos Articulator greatly facilitates the consistency, predictability and efficiency for setting denture teeth.
Denture occlusion Schemes
Understanding the concepts of the various occlusal schemes (anatomic, semi-anatomic, lingualized and monoplane). Participants will set-up several occlusal schemes including semi-anatomic and lingualized.
Ivobase Denture Base System
Information will be provided on the concept of injection molding and how it minimizes polymerization shrinkage and produces a superior product. Participants will experience a detailed step by step hands-on educational experience that will include productive investing procedures, complete wax elimination, effective separator application, tips on injection and careful methods of deflasking. Attention to the details of processing can provide a processed denture that requires minimal finishing and polishing efforts. The processed dentures are remounted and occlusally adjusted prior to separation from the cast and then trimmed and polished.
- Smile Design tools of communication including Papillameter, Denture Gauge, Centric Tray, Biteplane and FormSelector.
- Esthetic Control Base fabrication
- Mounting casts using the flat mounting table Stratos accessory.
- Stratos Articulation System and its components
- Phonares and BlueLine Denture Systems
- Anterior denture tooth set-up using the flat mounting table as a guide
- Posterior denture tooth set-up using the 2.5D Template as a guide
- Concepts of denture occlusion including anatomic, semi-anatomic, lingualized, and monoplane.
- Gingival waxing for try-in
- Concept of injection denture base processing
- Investing, boil-out, and separator application
- Injection and processing
- Concepts of remount & occlusal adjustment after processing
- Finishing and Polishing
- Trouble shooting denture processing