Welcome to The BRIDGE, the social and information hub of the dental lab industry. Connect with industry peers and vendors, ask questions, sign up for events, review products, read LMT articles and industry news and more!
**Step 4:** For a matrix, I applied a bonding agent between the porcelain and metal and fired the restoration.
**Step 6:** The number of press pellets used for each restoration is relevant to the weight of the full contour waxup minus the weight of the opaqued copings. After each measurement was accurately noted, I knew exactly how many pellets to use for the four anterior crowns. (Most manufacturers will inform you of the correct relationship between wax weight and number of press pellets.)
**Step 7:** After burnout at 900°C for 40 minutes, I pressed the crowns at 940°C and allowed them to cool down to room temperature. I opened the mold by first drawing a line at the height of the plunger, marked a horizontal line at the correct height and used a diamond separating disc to cut along the line. Then I used a knife along the vertical edges to separate the mold.
**Step 1:** I waxed up the ideal shape of the four anteriors on a duplicate model of the patient’s existing teeth.
**Step 2:** I fabricated models and blocked out the dies. I also made an index from the anatomical waxup on the pre-op model to help later with the full contour waxup.
**Step 5:** I then fired opaque onto the surface of the pure gold copings.
**Step 8:** To further devest, I blasted with 50-micron glass beads, first at 6 bar pressure and then at 1.5 bar pressure on the copings.
**Step 9:** I cut the pressed crowns with an all-diamond disc and seated them on the model for final contouring.
**Step 3:** I duplicated the dies for electroforming and then placed them in a plating head and processed overnight; the thickness of the final copings is 0.2 -0.3 mm.
**Step 10:** To obtain a natural glaze, I polished the surface with fine conical diamonds, then used a non-contaminating white silicone rubber point and finished with a leather wheel saturated with white tin oxide. After the surface appeared nice and smooth, I ran the crowns through a glaze bake with a minimum amount of stain liquid applied.