3Shape Launches New Scanner, Adds Shade Measurement to TRIOS® Digital Impression System
Posted Apr 16, 2014 in LAB DAY
“During our 13-year history, 3Shape has had a strong and continuous focus on R&D. In fact, 40% of our staff members are involved in R&D. It’s our calling, our DNA,” said Flemming Thorup, President and CEO of 3Shape during his opening remarks at the company’s press conference in Chicago.
One of the latest developments is the D900L scanner featuring a larger interior for scanning fully articulated models and large impression trays. The company also launched the Dental System™ 2014 which is available to all 3Shape Dental System™ subscribers as part of their LABcare™ package. Among the new features:
- Optimized CAD Design Workflow and a redesigned interface that offers greater user-friendliness. For instance, the redesigned workflow-progress bar guides you through each scanning step; it’s now easier to move back and forth between different workflow steps and to rescan individual dies if needed.
- 3Shape Implant Studio™ brings together implant planning, prosthetics and drill guide design, enabling labs to provide complete treatment packages up front. In addition, the software can align CT and TRIOS scan data, providing a panoramic preview and enabling the user to place a virtual crown as guidance for optimal positioning of the implant.
- A Splint Module optimized for fast and easy design of splints, nightguards and protectors.
- Auto-crown functionality allows the design of full anatomical crowns.
- Improved RealView Engine™ offers close to photo-realistic teeth texture; designs look even more realistic when superimposing an image of the patient’s face in the design process.
- CAD Block integration allows you to virtually position multiple anatomy designs in one or more blocks before milling, maximizing material usage.
“Dental System 2014 also features optimized workflow for working with TRIOS scans and other digital impressions,” said Tais Clausen, Co-Founder and CTO, during his live demonstration of the TRIOS Digital Impression System. Introduced two years ago, the system is on a successful growth track, with the number of TRIOS cases increasing 5% per week.
The upgraded TRIOS system now has an integrated shade measurement functionality that captures and embeds the shade information (VITA Classic and Master shades) as the dentist takes the scan. “This function greatly enhances shade communication between the dentist and laboratory; it’s a game changer,” said Rune Fisker, VP Product Strategy.
The system now takes HD photos and the color of the RealColor™ scans has been enhanced. “The HD mode offers incredible resolution and combined with the color technology, it’s easier for the dentist to set the margin line and evaluate the clinical situation,” explained Clausen.
The TRIOS also features a slimmer cart with a Multi-Touch screen that lets the dentist zoom, move and spin the images much like a smartphone. The new Resnap function permits the user to start and stop scanning and it will automatically pick up where the scanner left off. Also, a new iPad app enables the dental team to share 3D scans and designs, photos and comments about cases; it’s available on iTunes.
© 2015 LMT Communications, Inc. · Articles may not be reprinted without the permission of LMT
Nothing has yet been posted here.