Welcome to The BRIDGE, the social and information hub of the dental lab industry. Connect with industry peers and vendors, ask questions, sign up for events, review products, read LMT articles and industry news and more!
"Getting used to it" is actually due to lesions of the nasal olfactory epithelium tissue and mucosal degeneration and necrosis. Even at low levels.
The vapor liquifies when it contacts the mucous membrane of the mouth and you are actually ingesting monomer....which can also result in adverse central nervous system effects including headache, sleepiness, dizziness, slurred speech and blurred vision. That was my experience after working in an unventilated environment for a year. Not everyone...(more)
Two good reads from Quintessence: Fundamentals of color, Shade Matching and Communication in Esthetic Dentistry....and..... Photography in Dentistry, Theory and Techniques in Modern Documentation.