1. User's Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
2. Description of Services
The BRIDGE allows Individual Users to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with their peers, dentists and industry suppliers. It also allows for the creation of Company User pages which can become interactive after a paid subscription. The services offered by The BRIDGE to all Users include messaging services, uploading of image galleries and videos, creating limited user groups within the site through LMT's assistance, selecting specific manufacturers to follow and receive information from, and the ability to comment on and review most content on the site. After a paid subscription, Company Users may post content for commercial purposes, such as commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of data collection or solicitation. Any commercial content posted without the required subscription to do so will be withheld. LMT reserves the right to remove commercial content at its sole discretion. LMT also reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of The BRIDGE.
You are responsible for providing, at your own expense, all equipments necessary to use the services, including a computer, modem, and Internet access (including payment of all fees associated with such access).
All Individual Users, 18 years of age or older, and Company Users in the dental laboratory community are eligible.
LMT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse, suspend or terminate your use of The BRIDGE and refuse any and all current or future use of all or any portion of its Site.
You are required to register on The BRIDGE in order to become a User. Registration is a process of creating an online account which allows you to set up a User ID and Password, and provide certain information and data ("User Data"). After registration, you may create your User page and use The BRIDGE after LMT verifies your email address. By registering, you represent and warrant that (a) all User Data you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such User Data; (c) you are 18 years of age or older if you are an individual; and (d) your use of The BRIDGE does not violate any applicable law.
5. Security and Password
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. You agree to notify LMT immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. LMT personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and LMT reserves the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account.
There is no fee for Individual Users to use The BRIDGE. However, all Company Users must pay a subscription fee to LMT in order to use the interactive functions on The BRIDGE. Company Users should contact LMT at 203-459-2888 for a fee schedule and to make payments.
LMT reserves the right to charge for any portion of The BRIDGE and to change its fees, if any, from time to time at its discretion. If LMT terminates or suspends your access to The BRIDGE because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of fees or payments, if any.
7. Special Requirements and Limitations on Individual Users.
Individual User pages may not be used for direct commercial purposes. As such, users must not make their profile picture a logo of any kind nor their name a business name of any kind. Anyone wishing to use The BRIDGE for commercial purposes must contact LMT directly for the creation of a Company page. LMT reserves the right to remove commercial content at its sole discretion. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of unauthorized data collection or solicitation may be removed from User profiles without notice or explanation and may result in termination of User's right to access The BRIDGE. LMT reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of The BRIDGE.
8. LMT's Intellectual Property Rights and Limited Licenses to You
LMT does not claim any ownership rights in the Contents that you transmit, submit, display or publish ("post") on, through, or in connection with The BRIDGE.
You are only permitted to use the content as expressly authorized by LMT or the specific content provider. Except for a single copy made for personal use only, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any documents or information from The BRIDGE in any form or by any means without prior written permission from LMT or the specific content provider, and you are solely responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on The BRIDGE. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on The BRIDGE may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Neither LMT nor its Affiliates warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, The BRIDGE will not infringe the rights of third parties. See "Reporting Unauthorized Use of Materials" in section 11 for the procedures to be followed in reporting unauthorized use of materials.
9. Your Limited Licenses, Warranties and Representations to LMT on Your Posted Contents
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE, and any material or information that you transmit to other Users and for your interactions with other Users.
By posting any Content on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE, you hereby grant to LMT a limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE, including, without limitation, through The BRIDGE to the Linked Services (as defined in the "Third Party Linked Service" in section 13). This limited license does not grant LMT the right to sell or otherwise distribute your Content outside of The BRIDGE or Linked Services and does not grant LMT the right to use or sell the Content marked "private." After you remove your Content from The BRIDGE, LMT will cease distribution as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license will terminate. If after LMT has distributed your Content outside of The BRIDGE, you change the Content's privacy setting to "private," LMT will cease distribution of such "private" Content outside of The BRIDGE as soon as practicable after you make the change. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand and agree that once Content is distributed to a Linked Service or incorporated into other aspects of The BRIDGE, LMT is under no obligation to delete or ask other Users or a Linked Service to delete that Content, and therefore it may continue to appear and be used indefinitely. The license you grant to LMT is non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, sub licensable, and worldwide.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE, or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section 9.2, and (ii) the posting of your Content on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE and/or Linked Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any Content posted by you on or through The BRIDGE and/or Linked Services.
LMT reserves the right to limit the storage capacity of Content that you post on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE. LMT may reject, refuse to post, or delete any Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, Content that in the sole judgment of LMT violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity. LMT assumes no responsibility for monitoring The BRIDGE for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time LMT chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor The BRIDGE, LMT nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, LMT may immediately remove the identified materials from its site without liability to you or any other party and that the claims of the complaining party and the party that originally posted the materials will be referred to the United States Copyright Office for adjudication as provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
10. Prohibited Contents and Activities.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of LMT:
- is patently offensive or promotes or otherwise incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits or is designed to solicit personal information from anyone under 18;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- 10.12 solicits or is designed to solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- 10.13 involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from LMT such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- 10.14 includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
- 10.15 for band, comedy, filmmaker and other profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile;
- 10.16 violates or attempts to violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person;
- 10.17 criminal or tortuous activity, including, but not limited to, child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, defamation, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- 10.18 advertising to, or solicitation of, any User to buy or sell any products or services through the unauthorized or impermissible use of The BRIDGE. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Users. In order to protect its Users from such advertising or solicitation, LMT reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a User may send to other Users in any 24-hour period to a number which LMT deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send or cause to send (directly or indirectly) unsolicited bulk messages, status or mood updates, bulletins or other unauthorized commercial communications of any kind through The BRIDGE, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to LMT, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay LMT $50 for each actual or intended recipient of such unsolicited message, status or mood update, bulletin or other unauthorized commercial communication you send through The BRIDGE;
- 10.19 circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of The BRIDGE;
- 10.20 activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- 10.21 modifying, copying, distributing, downloading, scraping or transmitting in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, any Content from The BRIDGE other than your Content which you legally post on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE;
- 10.22 providing or using "tracking" or monitoring functionality in connection with The BRIDGE, including, without limitation, to identify other Users' views, actions or other activities on The BRIDGE;
- 10.23 relaying email from a third party's mail servers without the permission of that third party;
- 10.24 any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to add friends or send comments, messages, status or mood updates, blogs or bulletins;
- 10.25 interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on The BRIDGE or the networks or services connected to The BRIDGE;
- 10.26 impersonating or attempting to impersonate LMT or an LMT employee, administrator or moderator, another User, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of email addresses associated with or of any of the foregoing);
- 10.27 using the account, username, or password of another User at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- 10.28 using or distributing any information obtained from The BRIDGE in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
- 10.29 displaying an unauthorized commercial advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of The BRIDGE on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, links to e-commerce sites not authorized by LMT, posting status or mood updates, blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your top friends, or sending messages with a commercial purpose;
- 10.30 using invalid or forged headers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted to or through LMT's computer systems, or otherwise misrepresenting yourself or the source of any message or Content;
- 10.31 using any automated system, including, but not limited to, scripts or bots in order to harvest email addresses or other data from The BRIDGE for the purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material;
- 10.32 engaging in, either directly or indirectly, or encouraging others to engage in, click- through generated through any manner that could be reasonably interpreted as coercive, incentivized, misleading, malicious, or otherwise fraudulent; or
- 10.33 using The BRIDGE in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable law.
11. Reporting Unauthorized Use of Materials
If you or any user of The BRIDGE believes that content posted on The BRIDGE infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party, you should send notification to LMT's Copyright Agent (as identified below) immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
- (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit LMT to locate the material on The BRIDGE (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement);
- (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit LMT to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- (f) your physical or electronic signature.
LMT's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
LMT Communications, Inc.
84 South Main Street
Newtown, CT 06470
Facsimile: (203) 459-2889
Phone: (203) 459-2888
LMT's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically at info@LMTmag.com.
12. Disputes Between You and other Users.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other The BRIDGE Users, third party developers or any other parties with whom you interact through The BRIDGE and/or Linked Services. LMT reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes.
13. Third Party Linked Services
Linked Services created by third party developers may be available on, through or in connection with The BRIDGE. Linked Services include applications, websites, desktop, wireless, mobile and other services available from third parties which can be installed onto your User profile or shared with other Users on The BRIDGE. When you engage with a third party Linked Service, you are interacting with the third party, not with LMT. You acknowledge and agree that LMT is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites, nor is LMT responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the site or party by LMT, or any warranty of any kind, either expressly or implied.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
LMT is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the User Content or the accuracy and reliability of the User Content posted through or in connection with The BRIDGE or Linked Services, by Users of The BRIDGE or Linked Services, and such User Content does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of LMT. In addition, LMT is not responsible for any damage, injury or loss caused by Users of The BRIDGE or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in The BRIDGE or Linked Services.
LMT is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of The BRIDGE or Linked Services. LMT assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or User communication.
LMT is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of The BRIDGE or Linked Services or combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with The BRIDGE or Linked Services.
Under no circumstances shall LMT be responsible for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death, resulting from use of The BRIDGE or Linked Services, attendance at an LMT event, from any User Content posted on or through The BRIDGE or Linked Services, or from the conduct of any Users of The BRIDGE, whether online or offline. The BRIDGE and Linked Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and LMT expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. LMT cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of The BRIDGE or Linked Services.
15. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall LMT be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including, without limitation, lost profit damages arising from your use of The BRIDGE or linked services, even if LMT has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, LMT's liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to LMT for The BRIDGE during the term of use.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Upon a request by LMT, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold LMT and its Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees, that arise from your use or misuse of The BRIDGE. LMT reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with LMT in asserting any available defenses.
This term survives your termination of use of The BRIDGE.
17. International Use
Although The BRIDGE may be accessible worldwide, LMT makes no representation that materials on The BRIDGE are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access The BRIDGE from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with The BRIDGE is void where prohibited.
18. Termination of Use
Upon termination or suspension, regardless of the reasons therefore, your right to use The BRIDGE services immediately ceases, and you acknowledge and agree that LMT may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or The BRIDGE. LMT shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims or damages arising out of any termination or suspension or any other actions taken by LMT in connection with such termination or suspension.
You may voluntarily cease the use of services available on The BRIDGE. In that event, you are encouraged to contact LMT to close your account on The BRIDGE.
After termination of use, the "Indemnification" section remains in effect perpetually.
The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and LMT agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Connecticut to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement.
All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. In addition, LMT may broadcast notices or messages through the site to inform you of changes to the site or other matters of importance, and such broadcasts shall constitute notice to you at the time of sending.
22. Entire Agreement
In addition to any excuse provided by applicable law, LMT shall be excused from liability for non-delivery or delay in delivery of products or services arising from any event beyond its reasonable control.
24. Contact Information
To contact LMT regarding any questions about this Agreement, please follow the instruction on "Contact Us" page.